Zoning & Land Development Team
The Zoning & Land Development Division responsibilities include:
- Reviewing plans and monitoring development activity throughout the community
- Administering and enforcing development-related codes - zoning and land development/subdivision, signs, and flood hazard prevention/protection codes
- Coordinating the annexation of new territory
- Providing professional and technical support to the Moline Plan Commission and Zoning Hearing Officer
- Assisting with economic development and long-term comprehensive planning of Moline
- Annexation Petition
- Annexation Petition with Conditional Zoning
- Floodplain Development Authorization Form(administrative)
- Flood Hazard Prevention Variance
- Home Occupation, Major
- Interested Parties/Owner-Applicant Disclosure Form
- Interested Parties Appearance Form
- Landscaping Installation Agreement (administrative)
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) - Preliminary Plan
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) - Final Plan
- Rezoning and Land Development Code Amendment
- Modification or Waiver on Installation of a Public Sidewalk
- Signs, Attached and Freestanding (administrative)
- Signs, Dynamic Display / digital message centers (administrative)
- Sign Variance
- Special Use Permit
- Subdivision, Major
- Subdivision, Minor
- Unity of Title Form (administrative)
- Zoning Variance (Plan Commission)
- Zoning Variance(Zoning Hearing Officer)
Administrative applications are reviewed and approved by staff, often upon submittal, or within 1 or 2 days for complex applications or resubmittals. Non-administrative applications require formal approvals at public meetings, and are due four (4) weeks prior to the associated hearing date.
- Accessory Structures - Allowable heights and setbacks for sheds, garages, decks, patios, pools, courts, and similar structures.
- Fences - Height and placement options for property line fences.
- Home Occupations - Descriptions and regulations for home-based businesses.
- Site Plan - Details and examples for preparing a site plan for new construction or development; includes a blank drawing template.
- Rummage Sales - Regulations and allowances for temporary sales of personal property in residential districts.
- RV Storage - Regulations for storing a motor home, camper, trailer, boat, or similar equipment in residential districts.
To request additional handouts, including code excerpts, contact Land Development Manager at 309.524.2050.