Water accounts can only be in the property owner's name. Water / Sewer accounts are billed on a quarterly basis with the City split into three zones. Bills are due 20 days from the date of billing. If you have questions regarding your water/sewer account, please call 309.524.2070 or email us.
Free Leak Detection kits are available at no charge to residents by calling 309.524.2070 or by visiting the Customer Service Office at 1630 8th Avenue, Moline.
Think you have a leak? View our List on How to Determine if You Have One.
Please view our step by step guide on how to read your water meter.
New or Transferred Water Accounts
Bought a new home in Moline? Please fill out the City of Moline's residential water application.
Bought a new business in Moline? Please fill out the City of Moline's commercial water application.
New or Additional Meter
All new services shall pay a new service fee of $90.00 per meter, plus the cost of the meter. The cost of the meter is based on size and billed on the first quarterly bill. More information is available from the Customer Service Office, 1630 8th Avenue, Moline, 309.524.2070.
Need a temporary water meter? Please fill out our form and bring it down to the Finance Department located at 1630 8th Avenue, Moline, 309.524.2070
Payment Options & Location
- Pay online using the free online utility payment service.
- Pay by mail. Send your payment to: City of Moline, P.O. Box 930, Moline, IL 61266-0930.
- Pay in person at the Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue. Hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.
- Deposit your payment in the 24 hour payment drop box located in the parking lot across from the Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue. We request that cash payments are paid in person.
- Direct withdrawal from your checking or savings account, credit card or debit card using Auto Pay. Contact Customer Service at 309.524.2070 to sign up for this service.
- Pay by phone using MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover. Call 309.524.2070.
If you are unable to pay your utility bill by the due date and you wish to enter into a payment arrangement, call Customer Service at 309.524.2070 prior to the due date. Payment arrangements are done on a case-by-case basis and you must sign a payment agreement. Failure to make the payments will result in disconnection of service.
Transfer of Ownership
Your account will be charged a non-refundable Transfer of Ownership Fee of $25.00 or a Service Turn-On Charge of $50.00 on the first bill.