Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Illinois Quad Cities Healthy Homes Coalition received $2,400,000 for the Lead Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant Program. The Coalition members carry out the objectives of the lead grant and include four local neighboring governments: City of Moline, City of Silvis, City of East Moline and the City of Rock Island; one Community Housing Development Organization, Project NOW and the Rock Island County Health Department. The City of Moline is the Responsible Entity who serves as the central location for this grant program and is responsible for ensuring program compliance.
Lead poisoning is a leading environmental illness of children and is caused primarily by lead-based paint in older homes. Lead is a highly toxic metal and when absorbed into the body, it can damage the brain and other vital organs, like the kidneys, nerves and blood. The most common exposure to lead for children is through the ingestion of paint chips and contaminated dust from deteriorated or disturbed lead-based paint in homes built before 1978.
• You could be eligible to receive free energy efficient vinyl replacement windows, siding, new doors, paint, etc...
• All applications received by August 31, 2020, will be entered in a drawing for a $50 Jewel-Osco gift card!
Your home, apartment or duplex must:
• Be located in Moline, Rock Island, Silvis or East Moline;
• Have been built before 1978;
• Have a child under the age of 6 who either lives there or is present more than sixty (60) hours a year;
• Have a household income lower than the Quad Cities area median income.
Owner occupied and rental units are eligible.
Call one of the contacts below for an application or download one at the links below.
English Lead Application Spanish Lead Application
KJ Whitley, Lead Program Manager Mariah Benson, Lead Case ManagerMoline City Hall Rock Island County Health Department619 16th Street 2112 25th AvenueMoline, IL 61265 Rock Island, IL email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org(309) 524-2044 (309) 558-2950