What are the restrictions for a home based business?

Home based businesses and home occupations classified as minor, without nonresident customers and employees, are allowed in all zoning districts which allow residential uses and are in compliance with the required zoning requirements. A permit is not required for minor home occupations meeting the required limitations. Other home occupations classified as major, where customers and employees may come to the home, may be allowed if certain regulations are met and a Special Use permit is granted. Contact the Land Development Manager or call at 309.524.2050 with questions regarding home occupations.

Submit a Request

Show All Answers

1. How do I determine where my property lines are?
2. How do I check the zoning on a property?
3. How do I obtain floodplain information?
4. What are the restrictions for a home based business?
5. What are the regulations for a garage/yard/rummage sale?
6. Can I store a recreational vehicle (RV) on my property?
7. Can I use vinyl or metal siding on my building? What about colors?