How do I determine where my property lines are?
The best way to locate a property boundary is to hire a registered land surveyor to perform a survey of your property. The surveyor will locate existing property markers (also known as "pins") and replace any that are missing. The city does not provide surveying services.

Property markers are metal stakes placed at every corner of the property, including any change of direction of the boundary line, and at intersecting boundary lines. Residents may attempt to locate markers themselves. The Planning & Development Department has access to township tax parcel maps which show recorded property dimensions for all lots of record. Copies may be provided upon request for any property in Moline. To obtain a copy via email, submit a resident request with your email address and the map location address. Do not damage or remove survey markers.

Submit a Request

Show All Answers

1. How do I determine where my property lines are?
2. How do I check the zoning on a property?
3. How do I obtain floodplain information?
4. What are the restrictions for a home based business?
5. What are the regulations for a garage/yard/rummage sale?
6. Can I store a recreational vehicle (RV) on my property?
7. Can I use vinyl or metal siding on my building? What about colors?