The shut-off valve at my water meter is leaking, who do I call?
If the shut off valve at the meter is leaking, it is your responsibility to fix it. Sometimes the packing nut may be loose and a simple tightening of the nut eliminates the leak. If this does not stop the leak, please call a plumber to make the necessary repairs. If it is an emergency, call the Water Division at 309.524.2300 for service.

If there is water coming into your basement, there could be a variety of reasons. It could be ground water or a service line leak. Call the Water Division at 309.524.2300 so we can investigate the leak and check for chlorine in the water. If water is coming out of a floor drain, call Water Pollution Control at 309.524.2325 or the after hours emergency number, 309.524.2300.

If water is coming up in the street, boulevard, sidewalk, yard or by a fire hydrant, call the Water Division at 309.524.2300 to report the location of the leak.

Submit a Request

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my city utility bill?
2. Why does my water look rusty, smell or have other unappealing aesthetic qualities?
3. The shut-off valve at my water meter is leaking, who do I call?
4. How do I start my water service?
5. I do not want to pay sewer charges when I water my lawn or fill my swimming pool.
6. Why is my City Utility bill higher than usual?
7. When will the city fix the hole that was dug in the street, driveway, sidewalk or yard for a repair/maintenance?
8. Why do I have low or no water presure?
9. How do I shut off my water service?
10. How do I locate the water or sewer line on my property?
11. How can I replace or repair my water meter?
12. What is a water meter?
13. How do I know Moline's drinking water is safe?
14. Why is my water milky in appearance?
15. How hard is Moline water?
16. What is the pinkish film in my toilet, shower or pet's dish?
17. How can I establish a new water/sewer connection?