- Public Works
- Yard Waste
- Yard waste collection (bags and carts) runs April 4, through December 15, 2023, and will be collected on the same day as regular garbage collection day.
- Bagged lawn waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags of 30-gallon capacity or less, and have a City yard waste sticker attached.
- Stickers may be purchased for $2 at local retailers and at the Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue.
- Stickers are not required from October 16 through December 15, 2023
- Yard waste carts can be requested and will be provided by the City upon payment of a prepaid fee of $78.96 at the Finance Office located at 1630 8th Avenue or by calling 309.524.2070; an annual administrative fee of $100 will be charged to cover disposal of contents and will be added to utility bill.
Brush & Tree Limbs
- For free pick up, brush trimmings or tree limbs must be tied into bundles with individual limbs being no more than 4 feet in length and no more than 4 inches in diameter, and the bundles being no more than 1 foot in diameter.
- Brush is collected on the same day as regular garbage collection and the program runs April 4, through December 15, 2023.
- Unbundled and larger piles of brush and limbs require prepayment of $140 paid at the Moline Finance Office, 1630 8th Avenue or by calling 309.524.2070.
- Please stack neatly, not under any low wires or next to trees or poles.
- There is no limit to the size of the pile, but 4 inches diameter is the maximum per branch.
Residents may consider the most environmentally-friendly option, mulching or composting their leaves as a green method of leaf disposal. Mulching using the proper mower incorporates your grass and leaf waste back into your yard, while composting using a modern bin can make usable planting materials for your garden or flower beds. Residents are encouraged to use one or a combination of both of these green options.
Please note that burning of leaves, tree branches, and grass clippings is prohibited.
Residents of Moline can take refuse and yard waste to the drop off site at the Upper Rock Island County Landfill, 17201 20th Avenue North, East Moline, Illinois, for $25 per pickup truck size load plus tax (Proof of Moline residency required.)