Assistance for Businesses
The City of Moline has developed a network of partners to assist with business expansion or relocation. Depending on the issue, the city can respond to inquiries regarding workforce issues, downtown development, business-to-business networking, and many other issues.
Requests for Assistance
The City of Moline works with various organizations at the local and state level to respond appropriately to requests for assistance. With its partners, the city can respond to requests for small business development, workforce development issues, financing, and other issues. For more information, view the Business Resource Guide.
The City of Moline works collaboratively with our regional partners in order to assist with business expansion and relocation:
- The Bi-State Commission conducts long-range, regional planning and is the area’s data center.
- The Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce represents nearly 2,000 businesses in western Illinois and eastern Iowa.
- Renew Moline focuses on redevelopment efforts in downtown Moline.
- The Quad Cities Hispanic Chamber of Commerce represents hispanic-owned businesses.
Success Network Services
In the Illinois quad cities, the Success Network and the Partners in Job Training have a wide array of services designed to assist businesses with their workforce needs. The Success Network supports and strengthens economic development efforts by providing quality workforce development services for businesses and individuals through community partnerships. Services include:
- Assistance in hiring events / application collection - We can assist employers with hiring of one employee or hiring staff for a new location.
- Business training videos - We offer more than 50 different training videos for your staff / management training needs. There is no cost for rentals of videos.
- Candidate screening / testing / recruitment - We understand your need to identify skilled workers. We have a skilled staff with a recruitment background that will help you find the right candidate for your job openings.
- Conference / meeting rooms - We have several different conference rooms available for off-site meetings or interviewing.
- Employer council workshops - Employer workshops held the third Wednesday of each month help employers network and stay up-to-date on current workforce issues.
- Human resources policy manuals / job descriptions - Our Center can help you create policy manuals for your company or job descriptions with interviewing questions for a new hire.
- Job postings / application collection - If your company has one or several job openings, we can help by posting your opening in several locations and collecting applications / resumes at our center at no cost to you.
- On-the-job training / customized training - We help employers to offset hiring and training costs.
- Retention surveys - Increase employee retention and reduce employee turnover with employee satisfaction and exit interview services.
Contact for the Success Network
Contact the Success Network at 309.736.9626. Contact Partners in Job Training at 309.793.5200.