Fire Department Employment
OUR APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE FILL OUT A JOB INTEREST CARD BELOW.
You do not need to be licensed as an EMT-Basic, EMT-Paramedic or Pre-Hospital RN to apply.
- Be citizens of the United States
- Have 20/20 correctable vision
- Be at least 20 years old (but shall not be appointed until reaching 21 years old)
- Be under 35 years of age with the following exceptions:
- If a person is placed on an eligibility list and becomes over-age before being appointed, the person remains eligible for appointment until the list is abolished.
- If a person was previously employed as a full-time Firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of (i) any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois, (ii) a fire protection district whose obligations were assumed by a municipality under Section 21 of the Fire Protection District Act, or (iii) a municipality whose obligations were taken over by a fire protection district.
- If a person has served a municipality as a regularly enrolled volunteer, paid-on-call, or part-time Firefighter for the five (5) years immediately preceding the time that the municipality begins to use full-time Firefighters to provide all or part of its fire protection service.
- If a person who turned 35 while serving as a member of the active or reserve components of any of the branches of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard of any state, whose service was characterized as honorable or under honorable, if separated from the military, and is currently under the age of 40.
- Be in possession of a valid CPAT card or have passed an in-house CPAT (if offered) before an offer is made.
- There is no license requirement to be hired.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete qualification events as required by the Rules of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, such as a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), written examination, and oral interview in order to be placed on the eligibility registers for the position of firefighter/paramedic.
Job Interest Card
If you're interested in opportunities with the Moline Fire Department when they become available, you may fill out a Job Interest Card to receive email notifications when a position opens for one year from the date of registration.
CPAT (Candidate Physical Abilities Test)
Here's a video on what the CPAT entails:
The CPAT card can be obtained from accredited agencies nationwide. Facilities in Illinois include:
NIPSTA - http://www.nipsta.org/176/Firefighter-Testing
CIFCA - https://centralillinoisfirechiefs.com/CPAT/CPAT.aspx
SUFD - Email: CPAT@sufd.org
National Testing Network - https://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/cpat_info.cfm
MABAS 24 - http://www.mabas24.org/
Illinois QC - Contact Rock Island Fire Chief, Bob Graff, at 309-732-2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information