About the Committee
The Moline City Council has identified quality neighborhoods as one of its top goals. In support of this goal, city staff has formed the Neighborhood Partnership Committee (NPC) as a collaborative effort to assist Moline residents in neighborhood improvement efforts. NPC's role is to provide neighborhood associations of Moline residents with guidance, information, and assistance to better their respective neighborhoods. For more information, view the NPC Reference Guide or contact NPC at 309.524.2044, or 309.524.2014.
Goals of the NPC include:
- Making neighborhoods safer and cleaner
- Building a strong partnership and improving communication with residents
- Improving the attractiveness, appearance and infrastructure of neighborhoods
Committee accomplishments include:
- Participation in the development of several neighborhood associations
- Providing informational question and answer forums for residents
- Assisting in the coordination of annual neighborhood clean-ups
- Creating a Neighbor of the Month program to recognize outstanding residential and commercial property improvements or maintenance
- Establishing the Neighborhood Grant Program that provides financial assistance to organized neighborhood associations for events, activities, signs, etc.
Currently, Moline has ten established neighborhoods and is actively assisting other neighborhoods in the organization process. Active neighborhoods include: