Bulky Item Pickup
Each residence will be provided one bulky item pickup each calendar year at no charge with a volume not to exceed either 2.5 cubic yards or 100 pounds. Each additional 2.5 cubic yards/100 pounds will be charged $40. Please fill out our online form or call 309.524.2400. Once a request is received, either online or by phone, items will be picked up within seven working days and could be as early as 6:30 a.m. the next business day.
Additional bulky item pickups can be scheduled upon pre-payment of $40 per each additional 2.5 cubic yards/100 pounds of bulky waste. Payments can be made in person at the Finance Office, 1630 8th Avenue or with a debit/credit card by calling 309.524.2070.
Residents can take a truck load of refuse or yard waste to the drop off site at the Upper Rock Island County Landfill, 17201 20th Avenue North, East Moline, Illinois, for $25 per load plus tax. (Proof of Moline residency required.)
- Items should be placed in a neatly stacked pile where your garbage is picked up, leaving at least 3 feet on either side of your cart.
- Small items such as clothes, dishes, and toys must be kept together in a bag, box, or container.
- Carpet may be set out, but must be cut into 3-foot wide sections, rolled up and secured into bundles.
- Wood pieces with nails or staples must have them hammered down or removed.
- Railroad ties should be cut into 2-foot lengths.
Please note: Bulky item pickups may not be used for televisions, computer equipment, appliances, used tires, household hazardous materials, bricks, and concrete. See Items Prohibited in Garbage for a complete listing.