Built in 1980, Station 2 (also known as Station 12) replaced the “Old Station 2”, which was built in the early 1900’s. This station was built in the southern reaches of the city to protect the growing commercial and residential area. Station 2 is a two bay station staffed by three firefighters, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This station houses Engine 12 and Truck 12.
Custom Fire Apparatus manufactured Engine 12 in 1997. It was built on a Freightliner chassis incorporating a 1500 GPM Waterous pump. A Lieutenant, engineer and a firefighter/paramedic staff this engine. The engine is fully equipped with advanced life support equipment.
Truck 12 was manufactured in 1998 by Pierce Manufacturing Inc. located in Appleton WI. The vehicle contains a 100’ aerial platform equipped with a 2000 GPM Waterous two-stage pump.
Truck 12 is staffed by a Lieutenant, engineer and a firefighter/paramedic and is equipped with advanced life support equipment. This vehicle also carries a complete set of extrication equipment (the “jaws of life”) used to disentangle motor vehicle accident victims.