What is a weed/vegetation nuisance violation?

Per Sec. 32-1100(c) of the Moline Code of Ordinances, weeds, grass and/or vegetation exceeding 10" in height and/or obstructing the view of pedestrians or vehicular traffic are subject to code enforcement activities by the City. When an inspector identifies a violation, a courtesy notice is sent to the property owner giving them 7 days to clean-up the violation. If the vegetation is not cleaned-up, a City contractor will be sent to abate the vegetation/weeds and the property owner will be billed for the service, plus a $100 administrative fee for each violation occurrence. Obtain a Weed & Vegetation Appeal Form. To report a weed nuisance, call Neighborhood Improvement Officer Brad Hauman at 309.524.2014 or contact him via email at bhauman@moline.il.us.

submit a request.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make a Freedom of Information Request?
2. What does the City do about abandoned/inoperable vehicles?
3. Is the City's Corporation Counsel "my attorney" if I live in the City of Moline?
4. Where can I find the Moline Code of Ordinances?
5. My neighbor and I are involved in a dispute. What can the City do to help resolve this situation?
6. What is a Notice & Order courtesy notice?
7. I have been issued an ordinance violation, what should I do?
8. What is the Rental Housing Inspection Program?
9. Are you required to have an attorney for your ordinance violation case?
10. When will the City close the ordinance violation case against me?
11. Can I request community service as penalty for my offense?
12. What are the fines for ordinance violations?
13. Can juveniles enter their plea alone?
14. What forms of payment does the Circuit Court accept?
15. What can I do about my neighbors tree branches hanging over my property?
16. What is a weed/vegetation nuisance violation?